Wednesday 18 September 2013

MechWarrior Log - Brody.J - The Ambush!

The Ambush Site

So with our plan laid out to van Zant (and my promise that once I had my 'Mech back I should be able to hook the field computer into my own computer system to crack it) we waited on Musa's go ahead stating that an early morning strike sooner rather than later would give us the best opportunity for success.

We didn't have to wait for too long! Musa's greed and lust for power and revenge over his neighbour far outweighed any sense of caution he may have once possessed. The mission was given the green light for early the very next day. These crazy fucks! they really have no comprehension of planning and preparation... still it all works in our favour!

Thornton spoke to Jakari and I and said that Cia was aware that we would be pulling a stroke of some kind or another and that she should tell her colleagues to stand down when it all kicked off. I personally hoped that the Vandals stuck to the plan and could see when they would be better off. Time to get a little R&R before we set of in the early pre-dawn hours.

The hour was upon us before we knew it and I have to say I was a little worried. Musa was throwing almost everything he had into the pot in an effort to make good on the raid... could we rely on the Vandals to stand down when we sprung our trap? I figured only time would tell.

The desert was still chilly in the pre-dawn half light as we sped across its wastes in our technical. We had a short period of time to get back to our 'Mechs and head to the ambush site before the Vandals and Zanjibari combined forces appeared so our reunion with Muhktar's men was brief and we were lucky that Jakari had bought his young slave girl with him or we'd have been fucked with Hadji as nothing more than a smear on a 'Mech's footplate.

As our 'Mech's powered up the sky was growing lighter  and with every moment that passed our opportunity to ambush Musa's force was fading. We had found an excellent spot on our way in and had taken note of the coordinates just in case. Withing half an hour our ambush was set and we sat waiting like a coiled snake ready to strike when our prey came into range.

Jakari and Thornton were powered down to all but the bare essentials while i scanned from my position using my Knight's Beagle active probe. Soon enough Musa's force came within range. I picked up a number of trucks and technicals as well as the Vandals four 'Mechs and Musa's two.  I passed on the info over a secure channel from my advanced coordination point with Jakari and Thornton waiting on my command... 'Stay on target... Stay on target... Now!'

No comments:

Post a Comment