Thursday 9 October 2014

Mech Warrior Log - Brody.J - Day trippers, Sunday driving yeah!

Shirinov's Warhammer

 
So, things have moved on again... Things got a little heated once we'd returned to Astrokaszy... We wre brought up in front of Ferguson and grilled on the part we played in Shirinov's little escapade. I trust that man about as far as I could throw him! he definitely has his own agenda and is not adverse to using the Blackshields to get exactly what he wants. After speaking to Ferguson we made it clear that the whole situation with the raid seemed to be a pretext for busting Conrad out of jail and capturing and ransoming Lady Rosilina Trussel back to her mother... All at the expense of the Blackshields and their repuatation. For some reason Ferguson and Hausa seemed unprepared or unable to censor Shirinov and were even contemplating giving Conrad Rebollar's 'Mech! I can't work Branka out... what is going on with her?

Within the first week Kaja had taken Trussel into her protection, Lady Rosilina had soon come to realise that she had been played for a fool and that her predicament was precarious to say the least. I arranged for a dinner one evening and She and I discussed her situation, I warned her to stay as far away from Conrad and Shirinov as she could and told her that I would do all that I could to get her safely back to her home with a minimum of fuss.

Using my dubious talents I managed to find out what had happened with Kaja and how she had ended up here with the Blackshields, I told her that I would try to help her find and punish the warlord that took everything from her.

Not long after returning Shirinov managed to convince Ferguson that he should travel to Shervanis City and could deliver the terms for Lady Trussel's release to the Duchess of Thraxa using the HPG station there. He and Conrad set off in his Warhammer much to the dismay of the lady herself, Kaja and the three of us.

What happened next I can only relay as it was relayed to me by Jakari after the fact. He and Thornton headed out in his 'Mech to intercept our two comrades as they made their way across the desert towards Shervanis City. With his extra speed Jakari's Guilotine soon outpaced the Warhammer and they stopped just outside of some backwater flea-bitten town by an oasis and after checking out all likely routes to the local dive bar and flop house, set up an ambush.

Shirinov and Conrad didn't know what had hit them, Thornton blazed away with the laser he has in that mechanical arm of his and Jakari dived in with his vibroblade... I swear, he is far too attached to that damn thing... I wish I'd never aquired it for him! Sadly things didn't go quite as well as they'd hoped and the fight became protracted and Thornton was wounded but both men soon lay dead in the dust. Jakari being Jakari cut off their heads and fried the cockpit of the warhammer, mounting the two heads on its shoulders...

No comments:

Post a Comment